Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Cash for Toys!

Back to school pictures coming soon!

Our girls have tooooooooooooooooooo many toys! They also have a hard time giving up toys, but they want more toys. So I came up with an ingenious idea. I am buying their toys so they can get cash to buy a new toy. I am offering them a quarter for small toys, fifty cents for bigger toys and one dollar for big toys. They've already brought us quite a few toys, and we just started this last night. If they bring us a bunch of toys for just one new toy, that works for me! :) When we have a good pile of toys, we'll take them to a charity and give them away. Well, the nice toys anyway.

Thanks to my sister for recommending her peeps to come visit me. I love the encouragement.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a great idea! I'm definitely going to have to try it with my kids. I saw that you are a special ed teacher too. YEAH! My son has Spinal Muscular Atrophy type I and I go to school with him every day. We need good special ed teachers. Enjoy the time at home with your kids for now. God has a plan in all of this. Just hard to trust in the waiting.
Hugs,
Deb P.

KissandCoos said...

Your beautiful, smart, charming, sweet, kind, loving, gracious, humble, smart, intelligent, foxy, fun, delightful, yadayadayada and so on and so forth. I think I'll stop, I'm getting a cavity with all that sugar!

Leanne said...

That is such a great idea. Mine have a hard time even getting rid of the cheapy toys, but if they know they can get money to buy a new toy, I'm sure they'll be more than happy to part with them. I'm trying this. Thanks for the great idea.

Whitney said...

Fabulous idea. My son isn't old enough yet, but I hope to teach him the value of giving to others. TFS!