Thursday, October 2, 2008

To bail out, or not to bail out

What do you think? At first I was inclined to say no. But since the measure was turned down, I've read some things and am thinking maybe this needs to be rethought. Although I'm not sure where we would get the money, if it would save the credit system in our nation, maybe we need to take action. My mom went to a realestate class yesterday and found out some interesting news. If you try to get a mortgage, you may be out of luck! Even if you have great credit, have saved the down payment, and qualify for a loan, the mortgage company may not have the funds to pay for your house! So not only are you ready to move into your new house, the people that lived there, think they've sold their house and are ready to move out.

Times are very uncertain right now, and maybe we need to help those that we've come to rely on to satisfy our need for instant gratification.

1 comment:

Katie said...

Its not our need for instant gratification, its our want for instant gratification. I admit I don't know very much about it myself but I do know that these big bank people made a lot of bad choices to get into this position so I hope there are A LOT of rules and stipulations on the money they get. While we are on the subj. of bad spending, I'm hoping who ever is our next president can help us get out from under all the unnecessary debt our country has.