Friday, August 14, 2009

The Discovery Center



No pictures of the girls, they moved from display to display too fast. :)

The girls and I went to the Discovery Center Science Museum today. The girls had a ball playing with all of the displays. They have a "Good Vibrations" area right now. It was pretty neat. They even have a piano display that is just the insides of the piano so you can touch it and pluck the strings. Pretty neat.

Afterward, we headed to DQ for lunch. The girls love going there. They get an ice cream treat for dessert. Now we're home, "freezing." The girls are freezing, but it feels good to me. We have a cold front here right now and it is only 69. I can only imagine how chilly my Phx family would be if they were here right now. :)

I am kind of aimlessly wandering around my life right now. With not major school project to work on at the moment, I am restless. I'll get used to it. :) I took up a cross stitch project that I started last fall before Christmas. It says 08 on it. OOOPS! I think I'll just leave it. I started it then. When I sign it, I'll put 09. :) Or 10 if I put it away again. :)

I hope all are well. I miss you all and would love to hear how things are going on in your neck of the woods.

3 comments:

Katie said...

Sounds like you all had a fun day. We went to Habitat ReStore and found some tile for a gardening banch, a window for another French Memo Board window and some cloth for it. Then there was dinner with our pastor. Good times. We also bought a small children's desk at an antique store for Sarah. Do you think she is old enough yet? I'll just stick her in a chair in her Bumbo. That should work.

Michelle Johnson said...

They came out with those right after Faith learned how to sit up. Oh well. They are cute. And yes, she's a bit young for a desk. But I'm sure she can pull up on it soon. :)

KissandCoos said...

Enjoy your break! I'm already waiting for the Christmas break and we have only finished the first week of school!