Saturday, October 3, 2009

Shopping with the girls

We went shopping today on this fine fall day. There were a few clouds, but no rain. :) It was nice to be out with the girls instead of watching football at home. hehe!

The girls needed some pants. Last years are too short, of course. And it is now too chilly in the morning to get away with shorts, even on the warmer days. So Jamie got some jeans, and Faith got some stretch pants. She loves comfort, that one. :)

I made pork loin and butternut squash the other day in the crock pot. I liked it and Joe liked it, but the girls didn't. It needed something. I'll have to experiment to see what I can add to make it taste better.

I joined a gym and hired a personal trainer! I need to get serious about my weight and doing it by myself hasn't been working so well. I'm just getting bigger and bigger and bigger. I've met with my trainer twice. He kicked my butt last night! Wow! It was hard, but I felt stronger for doing it. :) I also swam for 30 minutes on Thursday. I felt good about that too. :)

1 comment:

Katie said...

I am so excited for you! Cool. Butternut squash is pretty good. Quite candy like I think. I've only started eating it recently and feel I have been missing out all this time.