Saturday, May 12, 2007

Race for the cure!


I ran the Race for the Cure 5K this morning. Previously when I've ran a 5K, I've trained before running it. Today I did it cold turkey, so to speak. I haven't been running at all. Just a little jog here and there, no more than once a month. Schools has been very busy for me. Anyway, I usually have fun the 5K in about 35 minutes. If we started the race on time, which I think we did, I ran it is 40 minutes! Wahoo! Not too bad. I'm a little tired now.
I ran the race for two ladies that I know. One of my assistants Lenae was diagnosed a year ago. She is doing great now. Another friend who subs for me, Barbara, is also a survivor. She was first diagnosed 16 years ago, and then a year ago again. She too is doing fine now too. :-)

2 comments:

Angela said...

You did GREAT!! That was thoughtful of you to run for Lenae and Barbara :) If Scott wasn't home, I would have run it too (I think I would have died though). Kudoes to you!! I hope you had a nice weekend and you have had some time to rest. I will see you in the morning for a great week :)

Katie said...

I am excited for you that you could run the run. Cool! I wanted to let you know that I am praying for you this week. I know as school draws to a close, your eyes could be ever increasingly drifting to summer vacation. I pray for a continued sharp focus and renewed energy for the tasks ahead every day. You are a great teacher with a great big heart and lots of skill for your job. I admire you greatly I hope you know. I am very blessed to have you as my big sister. I love you very much!