Thursday, August 28, 2008

Good Bye, Maggie, My Sweet Dog

Maggie, my dog of only three years, is gone. She had cancer in her spleen. She seemed fine until last Friday. She's been acting off for the last few months, but we just thought it was because she was getting old. (She was 9) She went down hill fast today. So my sister took Maggie to her vet. They did xrays and saw a tumor. When they brought Maggie into the exam room, she was on a table, but she still managed to wag her tail when she was me. She was such a good dog. I'm going to miss her very much.

2 comments:

Katie said...

I am so so sorry about Maggie. I am so sad I am not there to be a comfort to you and the girls. I wish I could just wrap my arms around you. I know Faith was particularly close to Maggie. I love you all very much.

Rottilover said...

I just wanted you to know that even though she was not my dog (technically) I thought of her as one of mine. We all miss her. She was a wonderful dog! The best way for me to cope is to know that she was in pain, and you helped her to never have to be in pain again. I know that it's hard to hear sometimes since everyone says that, but I know in Maggie's case, it is totally true! I love you and the girls. I'm so sorry for your loss! ***HUGS*** to both you and the girls.