Saturday, August 30, 2008

Quick update

I haven't had much time to post in the last few weeks. Starting school with a new job, and new schools for the girls, has made us all a bit crazed. My parents are a huge help. My dad and mom take the girls to school for me in the morning, and I pick them up after school. For those of you who don't know, I'm working a .5 job. I work from 8:30 to noon. It is awesome! I can run errands or do my homework after school. Sometimes I've just collapsed on a chair and zoned out to the boob tube. :)

J is doing awesome in school. She's made a really good friend, and is doing well with her school work. F is having difficulty with the new grade, new school, new friends. She is struggling with her academics. We work hard on her reading every evening after dinner. It feels like an uphill battle. I sure pray that we can get her caught up.

So far things are running fairly smoothly down here in Phoenix. (aside from my dog) We have a routine down. After school, we hop in the pool to cool down, then my dad makes dinner. After dinner, we do our homework. F and I usually do this until bed time. Jamie will zip through hers, sometimes with help from Papa, and then maybe get an hour or half an hour watching TV or the computer. It is a nice routine. We'll have to think of something different to do when it gets too cool to swim.

Joe is still up in Idaho by himself. He's awefully lonely. He leaves for The Netherlands at the end of September. He will be there until the end of March. He may get to come home for Christmas, we hope. At least he won't be at home by himself for as long as previously thought. We was maybe going to be over there for 4 months, and then at home for the rest of the time. That would have been too lonely for him.

I'll try to post pictures later. Maybe I'll try a slide show! :)

1 comment:

momof4 said...

I'm glad to hear things are going so well for you guys...I know it must have been so hard to leave home and Joe, but luckily you have wonderful parents there to help you out. I'm sure F will catch up in no time especially with all the help she is getting, you're such a great mommy! Hopefully the time will go by fast for Joe and you guys and I pray he gets home for the holidays. Can't wait to see those pictures!

Also I'm very sorry to hear about Maggie. It's hard losing a pet...they are family. You'll always have the memories you shared with her and she's keeping watch over you guys with her doggy eyes.