Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Book nut!

I am a book nut. But right now I am in a season of my life that I don't have the time I would like to read my beloved books. I do read. I read about helping children learn to read. Not quite the fiction or inspirational reading that I would like. It is very helpful though. :)

The reason I wrote this, was a blog friend of mine lost her favorite Bible. :( She's having a hard time finding it, and I was thinking about how many Bibles I have. Here in Phoenix, my temporary home, I have four Bibles! YIKES! I have a NASB study Bible. That is the original Bible I came down here with. I decided that I wanted a smaller Bible, so I got a thin line NASB in brown and pink. Too cute! Then I heard about a Chronological Bible that has a plan to read it in one year. Well, I had to have that! I don't think I'll get it done in a year, but I have been reading it as often as I can keep my eyes open before I go to bed. Well, then our church, my Bible study and Sunday school uses NIV. So off to the Bible store I go to buy another Bible. I got a fuchsia and pink very small NIV Bible. It is the cutest Bible I've seen, besides Faith's Easy Reader NIVr Bible. :) So that is how I came to have 4 Bibles in Phoenix. Crazy! I also have a 4 translation Bible at home. I miss it, but didn't want to pack it up and bring it down here.

As for books, I have bought my fair share of them as well while I've been here. And I've been able to read a little more than half of them. Not too bad. :)

Tell me about your books and Bibles. :)

1 comment:

Katie said...

NASB and NIV are my faves. I would love a four trans. in one. I have a direct from Hebrew translation which is hard to read but good none the less. I don't like that The Message is considered a Bible now. Its a good commentary but not Bible I think. I like the NKJ. Well, actually I don't really care much for the NIV but its used in a lot of places so I I really don't have a yay or nay on that one.