Sunday, March 8, 2009

Lessons I've learned

I've learned a couple of profound lessons in the last few weeks that I wanted to share with my friends. :)

"Low" self-esteem can be too much focus on yourself. Always thinking that someone else is talking about you, thinking other think you are ugly, or that everything you do isn't good enough, is self focus. God does not want us to focus on ourselves, good or bad. He wants us to focus on Him and how we can show Him though ourselves. Wow! This was a shock to me, since I've had a low self esteem. I thought that when I walked past someone, and they were talking, that they were talking about me. Beth Moore says that even if they are talking about you, so what! As long as you handle yourself with a dignity that reflects Jesus, that is all that matters. Wow! Wow! Wow!

Next, I heard a great quote today in class. We were talking about the pitfalls in life and how we can be going along just fine and all of a sudden we've fallen into a pit. A quote from James McDonald was that is isn't how many times we fall, but how long we stay there. Whoa, back the car up! I thought that as a maturing Christian I wasn't supposed to fall anymore. I was supposed to constantly stay on the path. I felt bad because I'd fallen. The fact is, that we fall no matter what we do. We can't help it. We are in our earthy bodies, with earthy desires, on earth!

With these two tidbits of wisdom, I think I will be able to survive the adventures we have ahead.

1 comment:

Katie said...

that is pretty awesome. I'm excited you got those awesome truths. They are important to remember and pull out and beat Satan with when he tries to get you down. I love you very much and am so thankful to hear the things God is showing you.