Saturday, April 18, 2009

An experience to remember!


Today Jamie and I went with a friend of mine and her two daughters to a Nascar race. We were very close to the race, which made it two things: very hard to see what was going on, and very, very, very loud! Praise God for ear plugs. I have to say it is very surreal to be walking right next to cars whizzing by you at 200+ mph with nothing more than a chain link fence separating you and the cars. The cars looked like blurs going by us. We were almost across from Tony Stewart's pit, so that was cool.

We walked around all day looking at all the sites. It was fun, fun, fun. We spent way too much money on food and one t-shirt. I wanted a shirt that says Phoenix International Raceway since we are moving to Portland soon.

By the way, Mark Martin won and Tony Stewart came in 2nd. :)

1 comment:

Katie said...

I never went to that race track but I have been on the track in Daytona. That as awesome. I do need to make it sometimes the the racetrack here in Richmond considering it is one of the most prominent ones.