Thursday, October 4, 2007

Back to the basics

My lovely sister was writing about the frustration about having to learn from the same mistakes, and the same lesssons over and over. I reminded her that in any relationship we need to get back to the basics, whether it is with Christ, or with your mate. We get caught up in our lives and own personal trials, that we forget about our relationships.

One thing is for sure, Joe and I are starting back at the basics. All we have right now is communication. And not even over the phone. We can talk over google talk, but that doesn't always work. So today we chatted on line. I don't think he's a very fast typer. But I think we have more conversation this way, that we do face to face. Very interesting. The conversation lasts longer when you type, thats for sure! I think when we go to Phoenix, we'll have to spend a lot of time together!

My mom just called! She's in Vegas! She's flying up here to see me!!!!!!!!!!! How awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so excited. So I guess I'd better get dressed. I'm still in my jammies! After all, you don't need to get dressed to read homework.

3 comments:

Angela said...

How fun to have your mom come for a surprise visit!! Why are you in you jammies on a Thursday morning, wasn't that after school started??

Michelle Johnson said...

Silly A! We have no school because of October days, remember? the inservice days when we can go to confrences, or stay home? So, I was working on my homework, and still in my jammies! :)

Angela said...

OHH!! How lucky are you!! We don't have those here :P