Tuesday, December 30, 2008

2008 Grattitudes

Wow! What a year! I have been here in Phoenix for 4 months, and will be going home in 4 1/2 more months. I'm looking forward to that! It has been a hard year, but I will try to remember the positive.

1. Joe has a job! And they seem to really like him there. He is in Holland helping a new machine build. That way when they come to the US, he can service it when they install them and when the machine needs to be fixed.

2. I have a job too! I'm working .5 part time. I love it! If I can keep this up in the future, I will. Leaving at lunch is so awesome!

3. Jamie is an awesome student! She's getting all As and Bs in school. She enjoys school and reading.

4. Faith has grown so much in her reading ability. It is a struggle, but we're working very hard and hope to have her caught up by the beginning of 3rd grade.

5. I'm grateful for the help I've been getting from my mom and dad. I would probably have had to quit my Master's program without their help.

6. I'm doing well with school. I have a 3.95 gpa. It is so much easier to do the online thing than it was to listen to lectures. I'm glad I found a teaching style the is compatible with my learning style. :)

7. I'm so happy that I have a beautiful house up in Idaho waiting for me. And awesome neighbors who look in on my house often. :)

8. I'm happy I have great friends: in Idaho, in Arizona, and all over the world on the internet. :)

9. I'm grateful for a Church Family in Idaho as well as a nice Sunday School class here in AZ.

10. I'm grateful that I have the support of the Lord Jesus Christ. Without him I would have had a nervous breakdown and would have stayed in bed for the last 4 months.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am extemely grateful for a wonderful SIL I have in you.

Michelle Johnson said...

Thank you Julie, right back at you! :) I'm grateful for a great extended family. I hope to have more time to see you in the upcoming months.