Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Time to start working out again!

Not only do I need to get in shape, my dog's hip has started making a popping sound again. So I need to walk her, as well as start jogging again myself. So Friday I'm headed to a local running store to get some new shoes. I have really high arches, so I need good shoes (read: expensive). I've started walking Maggie around the block, and she already sounds better.

School has been going well. I have had some kids out with a bad cold that is going around. So I've gotten some paper work done that I needed to work on. One of my students is in the hospital with pnemonia, so keep her in your prayers.

I'll post more about my getting in shape later. I want to walk after school, but I may be going by the hospital to see my student. So I might not have time. Maybe just to go around the block with Maggie.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I have high arches too! What kind of sneakers do you buy? I sure miss the girls. give them kisses for me. Maybe I will move near you and we can walk together.

Love ya,
Katie

Alaskagirl said...

Yes, I need to get in shape as well. I was thinking about maybe walking over lunch, but I don't know how well that would work becasue I tend to get a little cranky if I don't eat. My poor afternoon class would have to put up with me! See you tomorrow!!

Angela said...

There is nothing like a good pair of running shoes. You really do get what you pay for. We should start walking at lunch, even if it is only for about 15 minutes. We can walk, then eat about 12:15. Congrats on keeping motivated. See you in the morning.

Anonymous said...

Hey you! How are you! Keep up with the walking! I started going to the gym and got a trainer. At first I lost 4 pounds but b/c I'm lifting weights, I gained it back in muscle weight, but, I'm losing inches! :) I did weigh myself yesterday and I lost 2 pounds again, so.... I will let you know how things go, you do the same! :)

Love you
Laura