Saturday, March 10, 2007

Maggie should be bald!

I brushed my dog today, and she should be bald! HELLO! Where does all of that hair come from? She is a 85 lb dog from the pound. She is possibly Boxer/German Shepard mix, and possibly 7 years old. She had a limp when we got her. It seemed like her hip was bad. She doesn't limp anymore. I make sure she get glucosamine, and a multivitamen, along with dog food for older dogs. Plus we try to walk her as much as we can. The funniest part about Maggie is she has no tail. That in itself isn't funny, but when she is happy the little nubbin wags. She has short hair, but at the tail area it is a little longer and you can see it wagging underneath the hair!

Anyway, after our walk to the park today, I brushed her. Sheesh! And then I still see hair that the bursh didn't get. I ordered a new comb that is supposed to be able to get the undercoat. I hope it works. She sheds pretty bad. And this time of the year she is losing her winter coat. What she has of it, since she is an inside dog.

She is the sweetest dog. I love adopting dogs from rescue or the pound. I don't think I'll ever buy a dog any other way. I do want a Westie someday, but will get one through a rescue. My family always rescued dogs from the pound. We have had some of the sweetest dogs, and I think they know they were rescued. So they were extra sweet. :-)

1 comment:

Angela said...

Dogs are great but I hate the shedding. I will just stick to 1 husband, 3 children and a house to take care of. Sounds like you had a busy weekend. See you in a while :)