Wednesday, September 12, 2007

6 Years ago today

6 years ago today, my sil was going to file for divorce. But as you know everything was closed due to 9/11. So she wasn't able to go file. Then my brother called her and told her to wait because he was in the Army. If he went to war, then she'd get more benefits if they were still married. Long story short, they are still married to this day. They made up and have even had a little boy since then.

That was a horrible, terrible day. I will never forget what I was doing when I found out we were under attack. I was getting ready for Bible study. My mom called me and told me we were under attack. I thought she was being dramatic. (Sorry mom) Alas, she was right. I woke up Joe, who was working nights, and we sat there until 1:00 watching the TV. I set up the girls with videos in the livingroom so they wouldn't have to see the horror.

I have faith that God was there in the towers that day. He was there to help the people who knew they were going to die. And the people who were there to help the hurt and injured get out of the building. God was there to stop some people from going to work on time, and not be in the buildings when they were hit. And God will always be with those left behind.

1 comment:

Katie said...

What you have said is beautiful Michelle. I could not have said that as clearly. Between your blog on 9/11, L's about Colorado and God's calling, and mine about not being alone behind walls, I am in awe of how the Holy Spirit moves in each of God's children. We are His adopted daughters. That is something we understand in the spiritual sense and physical sense. I am just so thankful that you are my sister. You are a healing balm to my spirit.