Sunday, January 4, 2009

New Blog design, New music, New year

I am usually very sad to see Christmas go. December 26th is a hard day for me. I love the Christmas season and hate to see it go. This year was no exception. I got my usual Christmas-day-after let down. Joe know it and is used to it, bless his heart. But on the 27th, I snapped out of it. I was ready to help my mom tear it all down and put it away! I think in my own little mind, the quicker we get over with it, the quicker we can get on with the year and the quicker Joe, the girls and I can be back together. Crazy I know. It also means that the chaos has ended. With all of the other chaos in my life, the Christmas chaos was just about more than I could handle this year. I realize that things started to go down hill for me when the season started. So I'm hoping that with the status quo being re-established, my life will be a little less chaotic.

I have one more week to get caught up with my Master's homework. I planned too much to do for the last week of school, so we will continue with those studies. And this week will bring a lot of moving. My school roommate and I didn't get a chance to move our classroom over break. So we will be doing that after school this week.

I am looking forward to the changes that this year brings. I am really looking forward to living as a family again. I miss my best friend. He is such a huge part of our lives, and he misses us just as much. I will never take our little family for granted again. No matter what happens, as long as we are together, that is all that matters.

My resolution this year is to stay sane, and love my family as much as I possibly can. :)

3 comments:

Katie said...

I hope the second part of this school year goes easier for you. Dan and I are praying for all of you there in AZ. I miss you all bunches and bunches.

Anonymous said...

They say that distance makes the heart grow fonder... it just makes me hurt!! So when those moments arrise call me and I'll buy you a drink. Heck I'll even pick you up and drive.

Michelle Johnson said...

Julie, I'm with you. I want Joe here. I was pretty fond of him before he left. I didn't really need him to be gone to grow fonder of him.

Thanks for the offer. I'll take you up on it soon. :)