Tuesday, November 13, 2007

My Elanor!

One of my students, Elanor, was on TV. I don't normally like to talk about my students online, but this one is on line! And I wanted to introduce my family to her, and let my friends who have moved away see how she's doing! There are two links for her.

Elanor was on the news here recently. She was granted a wish from Wishing Star. She did her room and it looks great! They even put a therapy swing in it. :-) That site is 6onyourside.com

Elanor's mom also made a site for her so that she could keep everyone updated on her surgery. The surgery was supposed to be last summer. It was going to be very invasive. They found an easier way to keep her back straight after they straighten it. They used a titanium rib. Her surgery was a week ago Monday. She's doing great! She had a set back, and the "rib" came unattatched. They reattatched it today and she's doing good after that surgery. This site is http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/elanoranne

Enjoy!

2 comments:

Angela said...

thank you so much for posting this link!! that is neat for elenor that they did her room. it will be fun for her to return from the hospital. i did get your email too, thanks again.

Anonymous said...

These young students you encounter are such an amazing blessing. I am so thankful that God has blessed all of those who cross Elanor's path with her testimony of perseverence and love. I am trully inspired by both Elanor and her big sister to continue working towards being more compassionate and determined to succeed in all that I do.