Monday, June 25, 2007

Major happenings!

1st of all, my dad collapsed on Friday, scaring us all to death! They did some tests and found out he is anemic. They're not for sure why his iron is so low. They wanted to wait and run more tests this week, so they did a stress test on him Saturday to see if he could go home. He failed. There were some anomolies on his EKG. So he's had to sit at the hospital all weekend. Something he doesn't do well. He is always moving. Today they are going to cath on his heart to see if there is a blockage, and repair if need be. Then, if all goes well, he can go home tomorrow. Please keep him in your prayers. J was pretty shook up over all of this. But she is able to visit her Papa and play Uno with him.

On the home front, F is 6 today! Where did the time go? Seems like she was just a new born baby in my arms. Now she is a Monkey! Oh, right now she is playing a cat. :-) We just put a cake in the oven, and later we're going to go see Evan Almighty. It looks like a great movie, and clean enough for kids.

I've decided to go for my Master's degree. I'm leaning towards the online program at NNU in Reading. I was thinking about University of Phoenix, but they aren't the best school, and really crunch the classes into a small space of time. I think NNU will do that too, but they are much more prestigous, and care about their students more than UofP. I think they'll cost about the same too, so that is a no brainer! :)

4 comments:

Little Steps Of Faith said...

Hey:-)

I am going back to school too in fall to teach.
I have this semester and next, and then two years to get my degree.

I subbed a lot, and I spent many years as a preschool teacher, and a teachers assistant.

Isn't it awesome to know you can be called to do something not everyone can do?

Believe me, not everyone can teach!

Nice to meet you fellow teacha siesta!

Angie

Little Steps Of Faith said...

I will keep your dad in my thoughts:-)

Alaskagirl said...

Tell F Happy Birthday from me!! I'm sorry to hear about your dad. Keep us posted on what the outcome is. I'm happy to hear that you are going back to school. I am glad that I did and that I'm done now!!

Anonymous said...

I totally forgot to call Faith and send her a card. I had one, but will everything going on lately, it totally slipped my mind! Tell her that I say Happy Birthday! I love you Faith! :)