Sunday, June 17, 2007

My Amazing Dad!

I love this day! What a great holiday. A day to honor our daddies and let them know how special they are.

My dad is the best dad. Before he met my mom, he had his three kids raised. He met my mom and she had recently been divorced. She had five kids from the ages of 13 down to 2. He didn't even think twice about marrying all of us! He is such a great dad. He even married my mom after my little sister, who recently learned to write her name, carved it with a rock into the side of dad's Audi! YIKES! What a guy!

My dad would do anything for us. He loves us all so much. And it is so awesome to see the joy he gets from his grandchildren. He just loves them all to pieces! He even changes diapers! And he is so good at getting on their level and playing with them, while caring for them.

But best of all is he loves my mom so much. She didn't have a very good first marriage. And he's taken such good care of her all these years. And she's been very sick a few times. He is by far the best father in the world! I love you Dad!

2 comments:

Katie said...

Yeah for our dad! :) I wanted to tell you that the templates for our blog homesite are always changing. If you go look at them you may see that there are some new ones. If you don't like what you see, I'm guessing you could just look again next month if you are looking for a change. I don't advise it though. Those polka dots are so you. I only changed mine because you know how much I love east coast type stuff. Any way. I love you beary beary much!

Alaskagirl said...

What a nice post about your dad. I always enjoyed hearing the stories about your growing up and how neat your dad is!!